Q. What is the Carnival of Children’s Literature?
A. A monthly round-up of blog posts about children’s literature.
Q. Who can participate?
A. We are looking for bloggers who write about children’s literature. That includes children’s book authors, illustrators and reviewers as well as parents, educators and librarians.
Q. When does the carnival take place?
A. At the end of each month.
- The 26th of each month is the deadline for adding posts to the carnival.
- On the 27th, the form will be closed and no longer accept entries.
- The carnival is scheduled to go live on the 28th of the month.
- Please note: during November and December the dates will be moved back 2 days for the holidays. Posts will be due on the 28th and the carnival will go live on the 30th.
Q. How can I participate?
A. Fill out the Google Docs form below.
Q. Where can I find the carnival?
A. The carnival is hosted at a different blog each month. Check the current 2013 Carnival Of Children’s Literature Hosting Schedule. (To see earlier dates, visit the Carnival of Children’s Literature Archives.)
Q. Why wasn’t my post added to the carnival?
A. We are a monthly children’s literature carnival. If your comment was not included it was:
- Not a link to a blog post.
- Included advertising.
- Asked readers to buy your book (also considered advertising).
- Your second or third post. (One post per blog per month please.)
- Not timely. (We only include posts from the current month.)
Q. Why have a carnival?
A. A monthly carnival allows us to get together as a community. At a carnival, we see old friends and meet new ones. I look forward to seeing you there!
Q. How can YOU be a Carnival of Children’s Literature host?
A. I will make a call for hosts here in June and December each year. To sign up for a hosting month, fill out the Call for Carnival of Children’s Literature Hosts form below.
(After the schedule is filled, the form will be removed.)
The call for hosts form will ask you for your name, blog title, blog URL, and email address. It will also ask you to select a hosting date. After you complete the form it will be emailed to me. I will contact you directly via email about your hosting date.
Q.What does a Carnival of Children’s Literature host do?
A. Visit the How to Host the Carnival of Children’s Literature page for step-by-step directions.